JEREMY OHANIS- BENTON CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL

Tell us about yourself?
My name is Jeremy Ohanis. I'm 17 and I'm a junior at Benton Central High School in Oxford, IN. I like to play football and basketball, but basketball is my favorite. I'm about 6'2 and I work very hard. I like to play sports all the time and just hang out with friends.

What drives you to work so hard?
Growing up, I was never as talented as anyone else. I never made a basketball team, always got cut. Going into my freshmen year, I decided I was tired of it. Every single day, 6 hours a day, I played ball. I worked so hard. I went from where I couldn't even make a layup to where I could hit 3's. At this point, my game has increased more then I ever thought it would.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports are my life. That's all I love to do. I love the competiive edge and I just love to compete all around. Education plays a big factor. It makes me more intelligent which shows on the courts. It has helped with my decision making.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
Everything. I can continue to hit the gym to get stronger, quicker, and more versatile. I can keep playing ball as much as I can, and continue to work on my skills. I won't stop working hard. I plan on next year, my senior year, to be my year that I will blow up.

What is your dream college?
I would love to attend University of Louisville but I want to play ball in college, so I would settle for any college that would have me. I want to continue to play the game. Wherever I can play, i'll attend.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I can bring more than just talent and skill to the team. I bring a hard work ethic, and a desire to win that you can't improve upon. You're either born with that desire or you're not, and I happen to have been born with it. I refuse to lose, and i'll do whatever I need to help my team win. I'm a good leader, and I watch out for my team.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Never stop working hard. Keep your grades up because without them you can't play. Do what you have to so you can improve yourself. If you can only get to a court at 6 am, get there. If you have to walk a mile to play, then tie up your shoes and get there. If you truly love your game then you'll do what you need to do.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
SoSportz!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.