SHAWN MOSKWA- MACARTHUR HIGH SCHOOL




Tell us about yourself?
I'm 15, play varsity football as a sophmore at Macrthur High School, and I've been playing the game since 7th grade. My former position was leading at RT, but just recently I've been swapped to defense, playing DE. I'm 6'0, 180 lbs, benching 225 and my 40 time was 4.8

What was your best game?
Freshman game against Madison, by halftime i had 5 sacks and 18 tackles. It was 4th quarter, 24-21, macarthur was up with about a minute and a half left in the game. 3rd and 7, Madison was on our 15 yard line, and coach called a timeout. We got in out huddle and our defensive coordinator/ RB coach, Coach Starnes, gave us a a pep talk. He told us this was it, this was the time where you NEED to step up, where you need to prove your as good as the rest, or better. The hype was intense, and after the pep talk we made our way on the field, and the next play i got an interception to wrap up a win for us.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports, football in particular, is what keeps me going. Its my past time, its my main action, my hobby, my everything. This is the only sport/thing that makes me happy, I wouldn't give this up for anything in the world. Education is important because that's what gets you far in life. No great college is going to recruit a superstar that can't even keep up with his grades.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I want to learn to teach myself a little more self-discipline. Some more motive, something to drive me to succeed, something to look forward to. Ive always had a little problem with that.

What is your dream college?
University of Texas at Austin. It's where I've always wanted to be, and always will want to be.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I could make our team better by being a positive influence, someone to pick up a teammate when they're down no matter who you are or what the case.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
It's all about the education. It's all about the classes. Trust me.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
SoSportz rocks!!!!! Thanks for everything!! I love you guys and yalls program!!!!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.