RODNEY TAYLOR- RIDGEWAY HIGH SCHOOL

Tell us about yourself?
My name is Rodney Taylor. I attend Ridgeway High School and my GPA. is a 3.2. I've been playing basketball all my life and will continue until my dieing days. I am a freshman with the mind state of a senior. People say I look and play like Derrick Rose but I think other wise. My team is 5-2 (5 wins 2 losses).

What was your best game?
I think my best game was during the summer when I played for the Memphis Magic. It was 3 sec. left on the clock and we were down by 2. My teammate took the ball out and passed it to me. As time fell off the clock, I jumped from the halfcourt throwing the ball towards the rim and scored the game winning basket.(93-92)

Why are sports/education important to you?
I grew up on sports. People say that their lover or their best friends are their other half. Well my story is different. Basketball is my other half. My dad walked out of my life when I was 2 years old. I'm dedicated to getting a scholarship from a D1 or D2 college.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
Take out more time practicing on my jumpshots and agility.

What is your dream college?
Duke or the University of Memphis

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
My courage and confidence as a player. The way I make my team better is helping them and giving them pointers on their game. All consideration is good consideration.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Work your hardest because you will never know who's watching

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz!!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.