MICHAEL VAUBEL- WAYLAND ACADEMY

Tell us about yourself?
My name is Michael Vaubel and I am a sophomore at Wayland Academy. I live in Wisconsin. I love to play golf and I have been playing it since I was three years old. My dad would always take me out to play and since then I have loved the game. My passion for the game has never faded and someday I hope to continue my golfing career at the college level.

What was your best game/score?
The best round of golf I played was not my best score, but the toughest. It was at sectionals last spring at Rock River Country Club and the conditions were windy. There was about 20 mph of wind and I ended up shooting 79 to finish at 3rd place and earn a spot as an individual to advance to state. It was the best round because at the time it was the biggest tournament that I had played in until I went to state.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Education is so important because people cannot take that away from you. You will always have your education even if you are injured and cannot continue your sports career. You need a fall back plan and having a solid education is crucial.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
There is no doubt that I can hit the ball far. The key for me is keeping it in the fairway and so that is what can make or break my round. That is something that even the tour pros have trouble with, but I also need to gain more consistency from 30-90 yards out where you can do most of your scoring.

What is your dream college?
Oh man I have known this for a long time. I would like to play golf at Northwestern University.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I get along with people very easily and would be willing to help him out with whatever he needs. I feel that I can bring a solid and confident game to the college level, and hopefully bring success to the golf program.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
I would say take advantage of this opportunity and try to make the most of what you love to do. If you perform well on the field and in the classroom you can go far.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I would like to thank SoSportz for this opportunity and I appreciate what they are doing for all the student athletes across the nation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.