CAMERON WALTON- COROVA HIGH SCHOOL

Tell us about yourself?
I am a 15 year old student athlete that runs track and cross country. I attend Cordova High School in Memphis, Tennessee. I take my sport and school work very seriously as I focus on being an honor student in class and excelling on the track as well. Besides running, I also love playing football and basketball. This year, I stopped playing football for the school so that I can get better at track.

What was your best race?
My best track race was last year at the Freshman/JV Invitationals at Houston High School. I ran a 2:15 in the 800m and a 4:59 in the 1600m. My best cross country time was a 17:54 at the Jesse Owens Classic in Oakville, Alabama.

Why are sports/education important to you?
An education is the important thing that a person can have, epically to an athlete. There are thousand of amazing athletes out there that won't make it to the collegiate level just because their grades aren't high enough. That's why I make good decisions and do my best both at in school and outside; Every action you make can affect you in a big way.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
It's the extra things that you do that makes you stand out. I work hard on my own out of practice and in the off-season to give me that edge over others that just do what's required. Being mentally tough makes you serious competitor. In my opinion, toughness outweighs skill.

What is your dream college?
As of right now, I have no idea of where I want to go to college. In my Junior year, I will start visiting campuses to find a place that fits me. I'm hoping to get a scholarship, so I will probably go to a school that is most interested in me.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I can make the team better with my leadership. I lead by example and I think I can help others without even saying a word. With good leadership skills, comes good following skills. No matter how good you are, you can always learn something new and improve yourself.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Handle your business in the classroom first. Keep your skills sharp and take advantage of every opportunity you get.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Big shout out to the SoSportz Team for making this dream possible, and to all the supporters of SoSportz that keep this dream alive!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.