JAY MANNING- MCINTOSH HIGH SCHOOL

Tell us about yourself?
My name is Jay Manning a junior guard at McIntosh High School in Peachtree City, Georgia. I'm 6'3, 160 lbs shooter and slasher with a 6'5 wingspan and 32 inch vertical. My position is PG, SG, SF. I'm averaging 14 ppg, 7.6 rpg, and 3.2 asg ..from San Antonio, Texas and have been playing ball since the age of 4.

What was your best game?
My best game may be when I went 7-10 from the 3point line to finish with 27, or the game when I put up 21 points, 12, rebounds, and 8 assists.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Education is especially important to me because it is so essential in life whether I major in the business field or in education. Sports(mainly basketball) has been a major part of my life and I see myself never stopping.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
There is never a point where " I am good enough" to stop practicing, so I believe hard work in the gym and weight room will give me the advantage against players who think they are already at the next level.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is UNC, but closely behind is UGA, GT. I'm really working to play D-1 College ball for any powerhouse.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I can say that I'm willing to accept my role whether it's starting my first year, or if im redshirted. I'm willing to be a vocal leader and will bring determintation and heart to the game as well as to the team. I plan to be ready physically and mentally so that my teammates can always depend on me whether on the offensive or defensive end.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
To maintain the grades, because without them you have no options. Also to never quit or think you are good enough, because there is always room for improvement.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I WANT TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO SoSportz!!! They really look out for all student-athletes!

Check out this article on Jay (Male Athlete of the Week): http://sou.nn.marietta.new.adqic.com/stories/Male-Athlete-of-the-Week,167318

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's an excellent player, A college or university needs to pick him up!

Anonymous said...

the kid can play some basketball. theres no doubt in my mind that he will go somewhere big for basketball

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.