CHRIS TAYLOR- FOUNDER OF SOSPORTZ

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Chris Taylor, the Founder/CEO of SoSportz. I’m from Memphis, TN. I went to Cordova High School, class of 2002. After graduating from Indiana University in 2005, I played running back for the Houston Texans during the 2006-2008 seasons and I’m currently a member of the New England Patriots. For me, playing at the professional level has been a dream come true. My dream is also to help young people reach their goals in any way I can. I’m very passionate about sports and helping people, that’s why I’m starting SoSportz. This will allow student-athletes to get FREE exposure to college coaches, help you academically, and help you become great people in society.

What was your best game?
My best game would probably be against the University of Kentucky my senior year in college. I had 17 carries for 176 yards in 3 quarters. I caught cramps in both of my calves in the middle of the 3rd quarter and couldn't finish the game because the cramps would not go away. I hate those cramps! Lol!

Why are sports/education important to you?
I started playing sports at the age of 4. Sports are so important to me because they have taught me so much. At a young age I was always taught to view sports as a tool that teaches. Sports teach so many life skills and that’s part of the reason I have a passion for sports the way that I do. It has taught me how to be a team player, leadership, dedication, discipline, hard work, and so many other attributes. Education is the key to success. Sometimes we get so consume with our sport, we forget about the big picture. I can’t play sports forever, that’s just the reality. That’s why I always say to put the same hard work and passion in your education as you do in your sport. My education will take me so much farther in life than sports and that is something I want to instill in the SoSportz Athletes.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
Never be satisfied. Work hard everyday on all my skills to be the best player I can be.

What was your dream college?
My dream college was the University of Tennessee. I had always dreamed of running on the field wearing that orange and white. I ended up going to Indiana University which was a better fit for me for football and academically. I’m proud to be a Hoosier!

If a Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I will bring tenacity and passion to the team as a running back and a special teams player. I’m going to come to work each day ready to work. When it gets hard, I will work harder! I’m a TEAM player, it’s not about me. It’s all about doing whatever I can to help the TEAM win. Having more points on the scoreboard than our opponent at the end of the game is all that matters to me.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
If you have dreams in life, and you work hard to make those dreams become a reality, anything is possible. Never let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do. God has blessed us all with different talents and abilities and we can’t let those go to waste. Put yourself around people who do the right things and want to be successful in life. Education, Education, Education!

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I’m very excited about SoSportz! I hope it helps everyone and everyone enjoys it! “SUCCESS IS CONTAGIOUS”

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.