ANTHONY GAFFNEY- THE PENNINGTON SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
I'm Anthony Gaffney. I'm a 6'2" 180 lb. 16 year old junior from The Pennington School in Pennington, NJ. I'm a tri-sport athlete, playing football, basketball, and track. I play multiple positions in football and basketball, and in track I run the 200, the 4x400, the 110 hurdles, and the long jump.

What was your best game?
I'd say my best game was against Springfield, Pa. I had a ton of receptions and two tds. The first touchdown was a punt return where I hurdled one of their players on the sideline before breaking three more tackles to score. The next was a receiving td.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are important because its an outlet for me. I'm using my God given athletic ability to help get myself a scholarship so I can get a degree. At some point in my life, the ball is going to stop bouncing. I'm going to need my eduction so I can be successful in life, and if I can use sports to get a free education, then that's exactly what I'm going to do.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself better, I or anyone out there has to do things that no one else is doing. In order to be special, you have to be different. You can't do what everyone else is doing. You have to do that little extra. By doing so, you'll make yourself better. Simple things, like doing extra reps while working out or getting up early to go for run. They may seem simple but they go a long way.

What is your dream college?
I'd say my dream schools are Stanford and UVA. They both have great programs, but the education that goes along with that is incredible.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I'd tell the coach that I'd have to lead by example. If you stand out as a leader, others will follow suit. By stepping up and leading your team, they will get better. By challenging your teammates every day, they have no choice but to step up their play.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
To other student athletes, I'd have to say to make sure you stay grounded. No matter how many schools are recruiting you, don't get a big head. Keep focus on your school work and whatever responsibilities you have at home and everything will fall into place. Also, don't let up. Keep working so that you stay on top of your game.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
And to SoSportz, thanks for the opportunity. I'm glad you guys gave me the chance to let my voice be heard. You guys do a lot for guys like myself, letting us be known in the sports community. And to everybody else out there, if you're in the area, make sure you come check us out next year. I'll be sure to put on a show.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.