NICHOLAS SMOAK- ORANGEBURG WILKINSON HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Nicholas Smoak. I'm from Orangeburg, South Carolina and I play football for Orangeburg Wilkinson High School. I have a 4.0 G.P.A. and scored 24 on the ACT. My maxes are; Squat(485) Bench(405) Hang Clean (240). I am the strongest player on my team and I'm the 2nd person in school history to bench 400lbs. I'm featured on espn and several other websites. Currently I'm drawing interest from Harvard, Penn, Charleston Southern, Presbyterian, Army, Navy, Holy Cross, Lehigh, Upstate Greenville, and several other small colleges.

What was your best game?
My best game this year was against Lake Marion High School. I probably have 9 clips of that game on my highlight tape. I averaged 12 pancakes and allowed 0 sacks or tackles.

Why are sports/education important to you?
They allow me to improve myself. They also provide me with an opportunity to earn a free education.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself better i will have to work on my speed. That is really my only weak point.

What is your dream college?
My dream is to play for Florida and win a National Championship. Ever since I 1st began watching and playing football in the 9th grade this has been my dream.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I'm going to help you win games and become a champion. I'll provide leadership in the locker room and on the field. I'll give you my best effort day in and day out. Most importantly I'll sacrifice my body for you. I'll keep going until every bone in my body is broken.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
As far as advice goes, never quit. Football is a tough sport and if your not strong mentally you will fail. Everyone has thought about quiting from time to time, including myself. My only advice is to fight through the pain and keep going. You never know where it will take you.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks for everything. I appreciate the effort and potential to be recognized

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.