KEITH MOORE- CASS TECH HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Keith Moore I am 17 years old and I am currently a junior. I attend Cass Tech High School in Detroit, Michigan. My short term goals are to win a state championship, become better as a football player(while making my team better), and to continue to get good grades in school. My long term goals are going to college and getting a degree, play college ball, and play in the NFL. I have been playing quarterback since I was 8 years old for the Westside Cubs and I fell in love with the sport ever since I saw my father coach it. I made the All-City, the All-Metro, and All-Detroit team last year. I also made the offensive team at the National Junior All-American Camp in January. That's just a little bit about me.

What was your best game?


My best game was in the first round in the state playoffs against Dearborn Fordson. We were down at halftime 24-3 and in the second half me and my teammates stepped up and pulled an upset which we won 24-23. I threw for 227 yards in this game and had 3 passing TD's. The team was 9-0 and we were 5-3 so we were the underdogs. It was the best game we played all year and it couldn't have came at a better time. It was something to remember!

Why are sports/education important to you?
Education is important to me because I know I can't get anywhere in life without it. I have a overall 3.3 g.p.a. Having education can help you with a lot later on in life and it also gives you knowledge. Everyone wants to make money by being a NBA or NFL player but they don't realize that you can't play sports your entire life. At some point you won't be athletic enough to do a lot of things you can do now but you will always have the opportunity to get a job. Sports are important to me because it keeps me occupied. Living in Detroit, its easy to get into trouble but playing football is keeping me out of trouble due to the fact it's taking up a lot of my time.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
What I do to make myself better as a football player is practice,practice,practice. I workout everyday and I go hard at what I do. I also surround myself with people that are just as serious as I am about football just to make stuff fun. I never doubt myself neither. I always tell myself I can do something or at least try it. If you tell yourself you can't do something, you make yourself weak.

What is your dream college?
I don't really have a dream college but I remember when I was a kid I always liked The University of Miami. The colleges I am interested in now are Iowa, Boise State, Michigan State, Syracuse, Illinois, Oregon, and the University of Michigan. I will choose a college based on the majors, the coaches, pro potential, and also the school in which I will have a chance to get on the field and play early.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
If a college coach was to ask me that I would say working hard and being a leader and pushing my teammates. I say that because when your teammates see you working hard and trying to get better, they will follow and want to get better with you. A team is only good if they work together at everything they do.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
I would say stay focused, stay out of trouble, and work hard at everything you do. Also keep you God, Grades, and Family before everything. Those are the most important things in your life. Sports is something that is secondary.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Shout out to SoSportz for featuring me in this article. I appreciate it. Thanks a lot and hope to be see you in the future.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.