KEVAWN LORD- AMHERST HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Kevawn Lord and I'm a 6'1 rising sophomore guard that plays for Amherst High School.  I play basketball everyday, all year long and hope to reach my full potential and play at the highest level I can.

What are your dreams in life?
My dreams are the same as any other athlete.  I want to play at a good D1 college basketball program and then see where I can go from there.

What was your best game?
I was playing an AAU game in Worchester and I had 26 points in a hard fought losing effort against a team from Cape Cod.

Why are sports/education important to you?
I love playing sports.  I don't know what I would be doing if I couldn't spend my time playing basketball. I need to focus more on my education just like I do my sports.  I plan to focus a lot more on school, but still put in work on the court and in the gym.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
A few things that I can do to improve my sport is by working hard practicing, getting in the gym as much as possible, and to stay focused on my goals.

How do you make your team better?
I take basketball seriously and try to do the things that my team needs. If we're losing and no one else is scoring then I'll score.  If we need a 3 then I'll find us a 3, whether I shoot it or find an open man.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Definitely stay focused with your grades and keep playing hard.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Shout out SoSportz for letting student athletes gain support and exposure. Its a great site helping players get the accolades they need to further their game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevawn your so coool!

Anonymous said...

kevawn ur legit amazing

Uncle J said...

Well written! Good energy staying focused. I know you can do it. Hope Elites was fun and challenging

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.