MICHAEL KING- HORN HIGH SCHOOL/TEXAS SELECT ELITE

Tell everyone about yourself?
I'm Michael King. I'm a 5'11 Sophomore Point Guard/Shooting Guard from Dallas, Texas that goes to Horn High School and plays for Texas Select Elite. I started at Point Guard for Horn High School varsity as a sophomore this past year and made second team all district.

What was your best game?
My best game this year was in AAU against Texas Blue Chips. I finished with 26 points along with a team effort for the win. I was 6 for 7 from threes.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are very important to me. If you can play basketball all day, and don't have the grades its useless. School comes first. An education is the most important thing in life.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself a better basketball player, I can focus more on my weaknesses and less on my strengths. I can study older players, and just work harder everyday. Take no days off. I have to listen to my mentors. My AAU Coach (Coach Pat, and Coach Mason) and my father (Wade Smith).

What is your dream college?
I don't really have a dream college. I Just want to go wherever I get a scholarship, where ever god takes me. Although I have my eye on a few colleges: Baylor, UCLA, and Texas Teach.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I will do anything he wants me to do. I'd play defense, I'd do all the little things the average player doesn't. Anybody can score, I like to separate myself and do the things others wouldn't do.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Stay in school and put your grades first. When it comes to the court, work hard everyday. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something. Remember, while you're resting someone else is out there working hard.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Shoutout to SoSportz! Thanks for having me, keep an eye out for me in the future.

1 comment:

curianomcm said...

Wow. I hope he will keep it up to be a good player in basketball. Goodluck!
http://maricrism.multiply.com/journal

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.