ALEX TUCCI- YORK CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Alex Tucci, and I am a 16 year old Junior at York Catholic High School in York, PA and I live in Stewartstown, PA. I'm 6'6 and I am a left-handed baseball player. I pitch and I play first-base. I'm a second-year starter for my varsity team. I was named a county all-star as a sophomore, and I hope to play college baseball. This summer, I'll be playing for the Putty Hill Panthers 16U team in the Baltimore Metro League.

What was your best game?
My best game had to be during this past fall. I was playing in the York fall high school league, and I went 5-for-5 with a home run, 2 doubles, and 6 RBI's. I also pitched a complete game, 4 hit, 1 run effort with 14 strikeouts.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and Education are both very important to me. my GPA is 3.65 and I scored a 1940 on my SAT's. I study hard, and I always look forward to playing on the diamond. My hard work in the classroom reflects on the field, where this high school year i am hitting .500 (7-for-14) through 6 games. My slugging percentage is 1.000 and my on-base percentage is .563 (9-for-16). I have gathered 7 RBI's.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
My key to improving myself is to improve my mechanics on the mound. My walk count is high this year, and with fine-tuning my mechanics, I can reduce my walks.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is Pepperdine University because it has a high-quality program, but the academics are good as well. Also, it is in Malibu, a city in which I would very much enjoy being located. Another dream college is Coastal Carolina University, because it also has high-quality academics and a prestigious team with outstanding coaches. It is also located only a few miles away from Myrtle Beach, SC, which is a very nice beach town. If that doesn't work out, my other college interests include: University of Kentucky, West Virginia University, University of Texas and the University of Virginia.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
If a coach asked me that, I would respond that I am an energetic player that can inspire my teammates in the classroom and on the field. I can bring a quality pitcher, fielder, and hitter to a team and I am willing to do anything to make the team better.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
My advice to give other student-athletes is to focus on school. I'm not saying that athletics aren't important, but if your academic record is very good, it makes it easier on the college to offer you scholarships. And then, when your academics are in check, you can work your heart out at the sport(s) that you love.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thank you so much SoSportz for giving me the opportunity to complete this interview!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.