CLINT LOTHROP- AUBURN HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Clint Lothrop and I'm in 11th grade at Auburn High School in Alabama. I'm 17 years old, 5'10", 175 pounds. I have lived in Alabama most of my life. Soccer is my passion as well as working with wild animals. I'm hoping to voulunteer at the Montgomery(Al) zoo this summer and being around people. I have been playing soccer since I could walk. In the 8th grade I got thrown into goal because the goalkeeper got hurt. I love the position and have played goalkeeper ever since. I wasn't very good until this year. I trained twice a day for 2 hours each over the summer. I trained once by myself, once with my Goalkeeper James Pudner, and I also attended multiple camps over the summer. My two favorite camps were Ralph Lundy Soccer Academy and UAB soccer camp. Now, I'm playing for the Alabama Olympic Developement Team. I left the country and played youth professional in Trinidad and Tobago under coaches Ralph Lundy and Anton Corneal. I'm also nominated to play in the Alabama North vs. South All-star game.

What was your best game?
On March 8th we traveled to Alexander City for the what turned out to be my best game ever. I made great saves throughout the game and we controlled the ball well in the first half with cheap fouls between both teams. Most of my saves came off of corner kicks and one was a free kick. I was being loud and demanding which I am but never like this. After that, we moved into the first overtime and one of there players tried to take me out of the game by kicking me in the face. It shook me but I knew I had to stay in the game. We played the second overtime and the score was still 0-0, so we moved into Pks. It's all down to me and Ben Russells keeper. Everyone is just saying have no worry, we dont expect anything of you Clint, as it is my first year starting varsity. We shoot first and score. I'm in goal I make a good save so now we're up by one goal. We score again and I stop the second one. It goes on to eight shots and one of my good friends who plays club against us takes the shot against me and misses the goal. It was the best feeling I have ever had in my life. It was great! After we're done celebrating I notice their keeper is crying so it was custom to go comfort him. that was the best hour bus ride home, that was my best game ever.

Why are sports/education important to you?
I think everyone should play sports, but we also need a good education. I want to be highly educated and go either into medicine or zoology. Sports builds friendships, that will last a lifetime. I'm very close to everyone who I have ever played with and keep in touch with all players who've graduated. Sports also teaches leadership. There is a need for leaders in the real world. Sports can definitely help any person in that area. I believe everyone needs to get a good education. I slacked off in ninth and tenth grade and it hit me how serious I need to be about my grades. I study very hard and have gone from a 2.5 gpa to a 3.4. My goal is atleast a 3.7 before the end of my senior year. I think everyone should try in high school and work for a college degree.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I train every day with a coach after practice. In the morning, I do lots of sit ups and push ups, because that is what my position calls for. I spend most of my summer time training and at camps.

What is your dream college?
I have two, it depends on what i go into, I am leaning towards Zoology and I would love to go to UCSD (San Diego) but if I go into medicine, I would love to go to UAB, and play at both colleges.

If a college coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would say I needed to be more vocal and more of a team leader because that is what it takes in my position to make the team great.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
When I was in Tobago Coach Bertiel St. Claire, whom was one of the national coaches of T&T, told me that one of the best professional players in history, Dwight Yorke, didn't start playing the sport until he was 14. He had the "HUNGER" and he trained twice a day as I do. All I can say is train hard and treat your body right. Eat healthy, stay away from fast food, fatty foods, drugs and alcohol which will ruin your career. I've seen it happen before.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I love SoSportz! I love all the updates of all the sports going on around America, you guys have a great program going on and I love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A FAGGOT

Zoe Potts said...

Not true! Clint is a wonderful person and an amazing athlete. I know because I had him as a keeper coach not too long ago. Don't say rude things about people, especially when you don't even know them!

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.