DEVIN MASONE- LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Devin Masone I'm a combo guard out of Wake Forest, NC. I attend Lighthouse Christian. I just finished out my junior season averaging 25 ppg, 7 apg, 4spg, and 4 rpg. I also finished my junior year with 2,300 career points so far. I am a strong believer in Christ and believe I can do all thing through him.

What was your best game?
I would have to say my best game is a hard thing to decide. I have had many good games. The one I remember the most was the game I scored 46 points in one game. My shot was on, I played great defense, and we played as a team and pulled out a close victory. That was a great memory, but my best game was the game I played in states. It was my first game back since my big brothers death and I wore his number the rest of the year and played my heart out that game having 22 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, and 6 steals.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports are important to me but it's always been student before athlete. You have to put the same effort you put into your sport into your schooling. As a athlete you have to see that after sports you need a fall back plan and school will help you have that fall back plan. Your education is a very important, a degree will take you far. Always stay grounded in you studies.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself better I have to be never satisfied, but always wanting to improve on my game. There's always something in my game I can improve on, nobody is perfect. I need to push myself to become better and never be complacent. Practice just like a game, and train hard.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is Liberty University. I love the schools atmosphere and I love how it's big yet small. The basketball team is heading in a positive direction and so is the school.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would tell the college coach that I am a player who will give you my best day in and day out. I am always working to become better and I am never satisfied. I can bring a offensive and defensive threat to your team. Most importantly, I'm a natural born leader, I can help lead and encourage a team to become better and to be one.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Never give up. Always try your best and don't ever give up. Always push for success!!! The sky is the limit.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thank you SoSportz for this interview and hope you the best. You're doing a great thing here. Hope you can help me, and I'll help you in any way I can!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.