NATALIE BASTIAN- SACRED HEART ACADEMY

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Natalie Bastian. I'm 5'7 1/2 and a sophomore at Sacred Heart Academy. I play for the AAU team, Team Connecticut. I play the guard positions(point, shooting, 1,2,3) but I get in there for every rebound, as well as being able to drive hard to the lane and shoot. I have been playing basketball ever since I was about 10 and it is my absolute life. I live to play basketball. I am out there everyday trying to improve myself and my game because one day I want to go to the WNBA....its my absolute dream.=]

What was your best game?
I believe I have 2 best games so far because I still have a long way to go. Every game can become your best game if you put your heart and soul out on the court and leave it all on the floor, are determined, and have no fear. The first was last year in AAU when I had 18 points, 10 rebounds, and I believe 4 steals. I just let myself go in this game and it really showed. I helped lead my team to an excellent win against a very good team.=] The second one was when my school team was down 2 points this year, with 5 seconds to go. My teammate took the shot but it got tipped and went flying in the air, and somehow...I grabbed the ball, went up strong, made the basket, and got fouled with no time left on the clock. I then made the one foul shot with all my teammates on the sidelines, and got us one step closer to states!=]

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are especially important to me because I believe that in sports you can express yourself and show everyone what you can do. You can't have sports without the grades, so grades are very important. I have a 3.95 GPA for this semester and look to keep that up as high as I can while improving myself in my game and in my books. Grades are what allow you to play sports and education is needed in everyday life. So stay in school and work your hardest on and off the court. Basketball - My Anti-drug

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I will do whatever it takes to keep getting better and better in basketball. I work everyday, as hard and as long as I possibly can. In order to make yourself better, you cant just go through the motions, you have to do everything with a purpose and play hard every second...no breaks. It's a commitment to get better, not a promise.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is the University of Connecticut because they have amazing academics as well as the best basketball team in the country. Geno is the best coach anyone could ever have and it would be an absolute honor to be coached by him. I also would love to go to either Syracuse University or North Carolina.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would say that I am willing to do anything to bring your team to the top. I will inspire not only myself but my teammates around me to be the best that they can be and to keep improving. I will provide competition to keep myself and my teammates on top of their game and to never slack. I will demonstrate my leadership and hard working qualities to better not only myself but my teammates as well. I respect my coach as well as my teammates and will do whatever it takes to become the best that I can be.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
The advice that I can give to other student-athletes is to keep your head up and to keep going forward. The farther you dream the farther you get, so never stop dreaming because impossible is nothing. Keep your grades up because without your school and education you won't be going anywhere. So keep working hard in the books and on the court. =]

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
THANK YOU SoSPORTZ for giving me the opportunity to do this interview! SoSPORTZZZZ ROCKS!!!!=]

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.