ROBERT JONES- LASSITER MIDDLE SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
Hello world! I'm Robert Jones and I'm 13 years old with my birthday coming up on March 29th. I'm from Louisville, Kentucky and I'm in the 8th grade attending Lassiter Middle School. I'm 5'9. I play for the basketball team there too. I played high school for Valley high. Junior Varsity and Freshman. I play AAU For The Truth 14u. I also played football for Valley Vikings Youth League. I played mostly every position you can think of but my main position is Quarterback. I'm attending Fairdale High School next year so be on the look out for that.

What was your best game?
I'm gonna have to go way back to my 5th grade year. I ended up with 23 points and hit 4 three's that game. Also in my first Junior Varsity game as an 8th grader this year, I came in and put up 10 points. The freshman game before that I had about 25 points and sent the game into overtime. Football had so many really good games. First game of the season I had 4 touchdowns which consist of three interceptions and scored off of all three of them. I also had a 5 yard run at the fullback position. In the middle school basketball league I scored 20 or a little more against Noe Middle and Conway.

Why are sports/education important to you?
My education is the MAIN thing in my life. I just use sports as a tool. I'm a honor roll student and been one since I started school. I have a 3.9 Gpa. I'm going to keep up the good work to.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
Something I can do to make myself better in basketball is to be a gym rat. Stay in the gym 24/7. Push myself as hard as I can everyday. I played high school basketball as a 8th grader so that helped me alot to become a better ball player. I can better myself in football by lifting weights to get stronger. I need to get a great work ethic so I can succeed.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is the University of Louisville. I was raised here and I couldn't possibly play anywhere else. I love Rick Pitino.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
Playing GOOD DEFENSE! I was told plenty of times that defense wins Championships.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Give sports your all. Remember to use sports as a tool. Get your education first! That's what it's all about.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thank you SoSportz for your time

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.