XAVIER BROWN- COMMITTED TO ST. PETER'S COLLEGE

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Xavier Brown a 5'10 guard from Philadelphia, scholar athlete, and one of the top players in the Philadelphia area.

What are your dreams in life?
My dream in life is to be successful in any or every profession that I decide on whether it be a professional athlete, or a physical therapist.

Tell everyone about your decision to commit to St. Peter's College.
On the 5th of May I visited and committed to St.Peters College. My recruitment started in the 10th grade. I started receiving letters from D2 schools then in my junior year some D1 schools came knocking including offers from Harvard and Yale. At this point in my life my goals were to go to one of these schools but I wanted to wait. Senior year was a complete turn around since I didn't commit on the spot Harvard, and Yale both got guards to come in and I was found in the dark. A couple other schools were looking at me like Rider, St. Francis Pa., Penn, Bucknell, New Hampshire, and Delaware State, but after a visit at St.Peters I knew this was the place where I wanted to be. During my visit I saw every aspect of the school and worked out with the team. They welcomed me and I felt as if I could do some damage on that level. My plans are to go to St.Peters and be a gym rat, get better, bigger, and take my game to another level.

What was your best game?
My best game was when we played Math Civics, and Science I couldn't get it going all game but in the fourth quarter I caught fire and went 5-5 on threes to conclude the game with 23 pts, 5ast, and 4 rebs.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are so important to me because they motivate me to be the best that I can be. These activities make character and has rubbed off on me. I am a Gates Millennium Scholar due to my grades, character, and participation of certain activities which is a full ride to any school of my choice: 4 yrs undergraduate, 4 years graduate, and doctoral school. This is important to me!

What can you do to make yourself better in basketball?
In order to make myself better in my sport I work out on the daily basis, putting in more time, and more work then others . I'm a gym rat. Getting better is what I crave for.

How do you make your team better?
I make my team better by putting my teammates before myself, leading by example, and motivating everyone and constantly letting them know they can accomplish anything.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Advice that I would give to other student-athletes are to work hard on and off the court . "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard."

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.