ANTHONY SYLVESTER- PLYMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Anthony William Sylvester. Everyone calls me by my last name "Sylvester." I play varsity football for Plymouth High School in Canton, Michigan. I am 5'11 and I weigh 175 lbs. I play cornerback or safety and I also play wide receiver. Our varsity football team has made the MHSAA playoffs 3 years in a row. I play other sports such as basketball and baseball, but football is my favorite. I am 16 years old and a junior. I have 3 touchdown catches to my career 1 interception, and 34 tackles to my career. Almost a "pick 6." I run a 4.86, 40-yard dash. No Colleges or Universities have offered any scholarships.

What was your best game?
My best game was against Salem High School, Canton, Michigan. Salem was down by 14 points in the 4th quarter and they were about to score on a 4th down when they ran a sweep toss run to my side and I made the touchdown saving tackle, which sparked our team to win the game.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are important to me because in order to play sports, you need to have great grades. This mindset pushes me and makes me work to have a successful career. I think that education is there for that second career option. I have a 2.9 GPA. In order to maintain a good GPA, sports help me keep my focus, so that I can graduate and can get a good job to support my friends and family.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself better in football, is to just work at it everyday. Workout, study the game, and eat healthy. I can make myself better by listening to my coaches and teammates. To make myself better in football, I have to work hard everyday, whether it’s on the field or in the classroom. I don’t like to lose or feel down. I have to stay positive about my work ethic and strive to my goals.

What is your dream college?
My dream college is Michigan State University. I visit there every Saturday when football season starts. The atmosphere is just spectacular. Students who go to Michigan State University are successful people. They end up having great jobs and help the world everyday. I love Michigan State because most people in Michigan don’t give them respect they deserve and they somehow work things out to prove people wrong. Cheering on the “Green and White” has been in my blood for 10 years and that will never change. Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio have really changed the way people think about Michigan State athletics and academics, and I would do anything to be a part of that. They have a positive mindset and a great outcome when student-athletes enter and exit the Michigan State world.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would say that I have a big, strong, willing heart. You need heart and a desire to win, if you want to be a great team. I work hard every single day to get better at what I do. I may not be a leader, or a captain, or a loudmouth, but I am a competitor. I love sports. I will give 110 % every single play, down, and yard that I can get. I never give up and will never back down on anything. As an athlete, it is important to show people wrong, and give it your all in everything.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
To stay in school and do something while you’re in it. You only live once so make the best of it. Never give up and always stay positive to strive towards your goals.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
My shout out to SoSportz is do not pass this opportunity. They can help you get your name out there. You are amazing people in the inside as well as out. Thank you for giving me the chance to show my true colors. Thank you very much SoSportz.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.