FAZIL ITSINZI- PORTLAND HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Fazil Itsinzi and I play basketball. I am a 5'7 point guard from Portland High in Maine. I've been playing basketball for 6 years. Last year I got mentions in CT to be a great upcoming point guard in the state. I play for an AAU team that goes by Yellow Jackets from Portland Maine. I average close to 4 assist per game as well as 10+ points.

What was your best game?
My best game was when I played a team that goes by Keenebuck and we were down 20 by half. I had 26 points, 3 turnovers, and 6 assist at the end of the game. I had 13 in the 4th quarter and with the help of my teammates we beat them by 6

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are important to me because if there wasn't any basketball program in my school I wouldn't be as dedicated and focused as I am in the class room. I know the great progress I make in the classroom makes my parents happy and they have no reason not to let me play basketball. I have good grades and good attendance in all my classes. I have a 3.2 GPA and I am going to continue my success on the court and off.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
For me to get better in sports, I have to have trust in myself meaning I have to be confidence in everything I do on the court and be a leader. Almost 5 out 7 days of the week I am doing basketball workouts, basketball courses, and I do all these steps each day just to get better. I know the season is over but I am dedicated to be the best I can be.

What is your dream college?
I feel like I would be great at Wake Forest University. I like the new coaching staff which this year is Jeff Bzdelik. I felt like when he coached the Denver Nuggets back in 2005 he made them a run and gun team and I feel like that's my style of play. He would help me a lot to mature in the game.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would have to say leadership and have the heart to take on any challenge there is. I know my height wouldn't give me a lot of advantages so I would use my speed and my leadership to do whatever I can to make the results worth living with. I would make sure everyone is in position and I wouldn't let the game get out of hand. I would take everything my coach would expect of me, use what he expects, and as well as what it takes to win. Also, I'll be the coach on the floor.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Be somebody. Make sure you give it all you got no matter what the results are. Just know when things aren't going good that means you have to take the negative and work harder to make them positive. Most importantly, play every game like it's your last and just to play with you heart.

Send a shout to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz!!!!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.