KUMASE DE MESMA- NARBONNE HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Kumase De Mesma a.k.a "MAS" and I play basketball. I'm a 5'11" point guard from Narbonne High School in Harbor City, CA that made 1st Team All-Marine League and the All- Los Angeles City Section Division 2 team. My travel team is TEAM L.A. and I'm currently averaging 16 points per game as well as 7 assists per game.

What was your best game?
My best game this year was against my high school's rival San Pedro High School in San Pedro, CA. I led my team to win the game after being down 12 points at the half hitting a total of 6 three-pointers (4 threes in the second half) with a total of 24 points and making the game winning steal and lay-up as time expired to win the game 60-58.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are important to me because they are going to determine my future in this world. I love basketball and I can use it as a tool to get into a good college. Education is what helps you continue to live. Not many people without an education are successful in the world. I currently have a 3.1 GPA and I'm pretty good in basketball as well and I hope to continue to do good in both categories in order to take care of my family when I get older.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I believe you can always get better in anything you do. In order for me to get better in my sport, I have to continue to work hard in school and on the court, listen to mentors and coaches who have been through the basketball lifestyle. I want to continue to live, never lose confidence and know I'm playing to be the best and to help the team I play for be the best, and never getting cocky when success comes and let it stop me from working hard.

What is your dream college?
My dream college has always been a Pac-10 school. I feel like that is one of the best leagues in College Basketball and the teams I can see me playing for is University of Washington and Arizona State University. They both are good schools academically, they have good coaches in Coach Romar and Coach Sendek, and I like their coaching style. I also know a few people that go to those colleges or plan on attending them and I they would love for me to go to the same college as them. I also like Washington and ASU because it isn't that far away from my family in Los Angeles, CA who would love to continue supporting me.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
If a coach asked me how can I make our team better, I would have to say leadership and desire to win. In my heart I believe I have the most confidence and will not back down from any opponent and I try to bring that out of my teammates. Although I may not be the loudest all the time when it comes to practice or a workout, I will lead as an example and continue to work hard. As a point guard I have been taught to be the coach on the floor and whatever my coach needs the team to do, it is my job to get them to do it.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Advice I would pass on to other student-athletes is stay focus, do well in school, and never give up on your dreams. Continue to work hard and the best will come.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Shout out to SoSportz. You guys are good people and I would like to thank you for trying to get my name out there and trying to help other kids as well. Anyone that gets a hit-up from SoSportz DO NOT pass them by. Thanks again SoSportz.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.