ALONZO HORTON- CARY HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is D.j Horton. I'm a freshman and I run track at Cary High School in North Carolina. I'm 5'10 and weigh 135 pounds. My drive is to be one of the best in track by the time I'm out of high school. Right now I am running for Track Xplosion track team.

What events do you participate in?
I run the 100, 200 and sometimes the 4x1.

What are your dreams in life?
I hope to make it to the Olympics and if that doesn't work I'm also a basketball player.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are very important to me. If there was no sports or school, I don't think I would be complete as a person.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I work hard everyday in each sport I like to play. People try to down me with there negative comments but I just ignore them and work even harder to prove them wrong. I may not be the best or one of the best right now but as long as I keep pushing I will be someday.

How do you make your team better?
My team needs my support and my always happy personality. I need them to push me and help me push myself.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Keep pushing, stay strong, and stay focused. Don't let others get you down because you aren't better. Feed off that and work even harder to prove them wrong. I'm being doubted right now but I'm getting better because I work and work and work.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Shout-out to SoSportz for giving me this great opportunity!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.