DOUGLAS MCWHORTER II- RIDGEWAY HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My Name is Douglas McWhorter II. Im a 6'3 200 lbs Jr. Linebacker at Ridgeway High school in Memphis, Tn. I was voted 3x Isaac Bruce Foundation Team Player of the Week, City of Memphis 5A Defensive MVP, voted best linebacker, and Team Defensive MVP. Last year ended the season with 101 tackles. I play Football, Basketball(ranked in the 25 in the nation),and run Track for Rideway. I also play AAU Basketball for Todd Day but Football being #1. This is a game I have fell in love with since the age of 5.

What was your best game?
That would have to be my game vs White Station(6-A TN state champions). This game I just found myself in a zone making play after play not thinking, just enjoying the game. It was not until after the game when I saw the flim and talking to my brother that I had found out that I had 21 tackles and 5 sacks. It was just a great defensive game for our team.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I live with one goal and that is be better than I was yesterday. I take this with me on and off the field. I understand that hard work and determination paysoff so I study and train hard everyday to take my game to the next level and become a better person.

What is your dream college?
I'm taking my time picking my school. I have some schools looking at me but I'm undecided on my dream college.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I'm a student of the game. I work hard and look at film alot to see what I can do better. I have played MLB, OLB, SS,FS, WR, and TE. I can play anywhere my team needs me to play. I bring good work ethic,speed, and knowledge of the game and cant wait to learn more. I have been told that I'm like a coach on the field.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Use your gift and don't let it use you and understand that we are student-athletes and not athlete-students. Go just as hard in the classroom as you do in your sport.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I would like to thank SoSportz for taking the time to talk to me and the other student-athletes.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.