MITCH OWENS- BRIARCREST HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
I'm Mitch Owens and I'm from Collierville, TN. I am a freshman at Briarcrest Christian School and play football and run track. I play running back and wear #20 for the Saints,

What was your best game?
This season my best game so far was probably against one of our rivals, CBHS. I had two big touchdown runs,which were the first points their starting defense had allowed all year. Unfortunately we came up short in OT.

How do you make your team better?
I help my team by working hard and setting the tone in practice, in the weight room, and most importantly on the field. You can count on me to make something happen when the game is on the line.

Who is your favorite player? Why?
Tim Tebow- He is a great role model and a great player
Trent Richardson- He is a freak. In my eyes pretty much the perfect running back. I try to model my game off his combination of speed, power, and the ability to keep the play alive.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports are important because they teach you important skills for life and also keep you busy and out of trouble. Education is more important though because sports can't take you through life alone. You're only one play away from being done for life.

What do you want to do if sports don't work out?
In college I plan to play football if I can and get involved with the Air Force ROTC program. After that I hope to become a fighter pilot for the Air Force.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Most importantly, trust God with everything he throws at you. Also give your best effort at EVERYTHING. It all pays off eventually.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
SoSportz is a great place for athletes to get recognized and is only getting better! Check it out!

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.