LAWRENCE POILLY- DEULOFEU MIDDLE SCHOOL/DEULOFEU HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Lawrence Poilly and I'm 14 years old. I play point guard and shooting guard for my 8th grade team. I'm 6'2, I can dunk, and I love to score. This is the reason I average 24 points per game. Next year I will be in high school and I just want to be the best basketball player I can be by putting in work every day in the gym. I have D-1 college plans and also NBA plans so we'll see what happens the next few years.

What are your dreams in life?
My goal is definitely going to the NBA and not just going there, I want to be a star in the NBA. I want to get there and be the best when I get there.

What was your best game?
I think this season I have three best game,
#1: I scored 32 points.
#2: I scored 24 and dished out 12 assists.
#3: I scored 27 points and grabbed 15 rebounds.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and education are very important for me because both give me a lot of support so this is the reason I want to be better at both. I think a lot of good high school players don't pay attention at school or they skip school to do others things. These kind of players can't be good student-athletes without instruction or without education. This is the reason I maintain a 3.2 GPA at school and I study a little bit every day. It's a lot of pressure to maintain good marks in school but I handle it well.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
Well, I can be better by working hard everyday, 2 hours a day. I learned the game of basketball by watching NBA, college, and high school games. I learn from every player I watch so the little things can make you a better player. For me, the most important thing is to learn from every mistake you do in a game when you workout because little things do great thinks.

How do you make your team better?
I make my team better by working 110% every time I touch the floor by creating a chemistry that no one can break, by supporting my teammates in every phase of the game, and by giving support when they're not doing their best. I can also make my team better by holding my match-up to 0 points and play defense as if it were the last thing in my life. This is why we were regionals champs.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
I have to say only two things, school comes first and do what you have to do without being cocky.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz for supporting young student-athletes like me and giving me the opportunity to talk to you. It was nice answering the interview questions.

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.