RICHARD (RJ) HALL- SUFFOLK COMMUNITY COLLEGE

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Richard (RJ) Hall. I am a freshman in college and attend Suffolk Community College-Grant. I have a 3.8 GPA. I averaged 15.3 ppg, 5.9 apg, 2 spg, and 4rpg. I helped lead my team to a winning record. I'm a tough 6'0 ft point guard who is lights out shooting. I will be attending Kennesaw State University next year to play basketball.

What is your dream in life?
My dream is to utilize basketball to get an education, which I am doing, and possibly play pro. My goal for next year is to get a 4.0 GPA and come into Kennesaw State, work hard, earn playing time, and contribute to help our team win.

What was your best game?
I've had a lot of good games. My best game of my life was an AAU game my 11th grade year. I scored 32 points and I topped that off by scoring 27 points the next day in a high school summer league game. My best game last year was when I almost had my first career triple double against Seldon CC. I had 17 points, 9 assist, and 9 rebounds.

Why are sports/education important to you?
It's important to me, because both teach you how to work hard, both teach you certain values on how to be successful and grow into a mature young adult. You get nowhere in life without an education. I play to use my education to open my own law practice and sports agency.

How do you make your team better?
I make my team better by playing good, tough defense, being a point guard, distributing the ball, being a leader, being aggressive, and scoring when I need to score.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Work hard. Always work hard. Don't give up because a coach tells you that you aren't good enough. Use that as a motivation to continue to work harder. You can have 100 coaches tell you no, but the 101st one could think you're perfect for his team. Do the intangibles: dive for balls, take charges, play defense.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz!!!!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.