JOSEPH CHILIAK- WESTCLIFFE COMPOSITE SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
Hi there. My name is Joseph Chiliak and I am a 16 year old swingman playing for the Westcliffe Warriors. I am 6'4, a natural shooting guard, but commonly play center because of my skill as a defender. This year I averaged 27 points, 4 blocks, 3 assists, 13 rebounds per game and gained respect all around our school division as being a humble, sportsmanlike leader.

What are your dreams in life?
I dream of one day playing pro basketball and representing my country by playing on team Canada. I also inspire those around me, and anybody else from very small schools and show them that anything is possible with effort. After all.... "Success Is Contagious"

What was your best game?
Its a tie. This year we only had one home game. I started the night off hot and never lost momentum. I ended up finishing with 45 points, 6 blocks, 4 assists, and 11rebounds. The other game a had was a week earlier, and although the numbers weren't nearly as impressive, (20 points, 2 blocks, 9 rebounds) I had my first in-game slam dunk, also the first slam dunk ever in our division.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
During the off season I run around 10 km a day, (5 in the morning, 5 at night) and do an hour long shoot around every day after school. I also watch countless hours of NBA highlights, trying to figure out what moves could lead me to be a more potent offensive player and help me better understand offensive plays to become a better defender.

How do you make your team better?
I make my team better by constantly bringing everything I've got to the table, and doing it in a fashion that command respect. I also bring a positive attitude and a solid commitment to my team.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Don't listen to people who don't believe in you, and never be afraid to lay everything on the line to prove those people wrong. In the words of Michael Jordan, "You can accept failure. You can't accept not trying".

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
What up SoSportz!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.