ALLSWELL OPUSUNJU- MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
I am currently a sophomore recently injured, cracked ankle joint, on October 2009 at the Glen Oaks game. I Love football and will do whatever it takes to get to the next level.

What was your best game?
Donaldsonville, it's when I had my first reception. It was an ugly pass and I adjusted in the air to make the catch. After I caught it, I got stamped in the air.

Why are sports/education important to you?
School comes first. I have to get my grades straight if I plan on getting to the next level. I am ranked 58/305 in my class and my GPA is a 3.1 for my entire 2 years of high school.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
I work hard. Sometimes I cry because I work so hard and don't get far but that just tells me I'm not going hard enough so I push myself even more. I need to work on my footwork. I know I might not be the tallest slot receiver, so I'm going to need quicker feet and I need to be able to move quick like a running back. My dad kicked me off the football team and I feel that he doesn't think I can make it. I took that and used it as motivation so I played in that game against Glen Oaks, hiding, coming home from games late, and sneaking in the house. One Friday night, I came back with a cracked ankle and that shows not only you that's reading this but everyone else that I will not give up no matter who tells me I'm too small or I'm not good enough.

What is your dream college?
My dream college would be TCU. It's not that far from home and I would be honored to where purple.

If a College Coach ask you, how can you make our team better, what would you say?
I would definitely bring leadership to the table and will improve the defensive backs position because I will go 101 percent. I would also make the team bond more, become one body, play as one body, one mind, and one Team.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Stay humble and love what you do. From my perspective don't let anyone tell you you can't make it. Just have faith and keep believing because GOD has a plan for you.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
I'd like to give a shout out to SoSportz! Thank your for the opportunity to show how bad I want to get to the next level!

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.