CHIN ONUOHA- WAKE FOREST ROLESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL

Tell everyone about yourself?
My name is Chinedu Onuoha ,but people call me Chin for short. I am a senior defensive end at Wake Forest Rolesville High School in North Carolina. I love the game of football and I feel football teaches me alot about life.

What are your dreams in life?
My dreams are to one day be successful whether playing football professionally or doing a job that fits me best. Also to do something I love and to get paid for it.

What was your best game?
My best game was the 1st game of this season. I had 14 tackles and 4 sacks. It felt good because I knew we were headed in the right direction and we are 5 and 0 right now.

Why are sports/education important to you?
Sports and Education are important to me because the student comes before the athlete and if you don't take pride in your academics, you can't succeed on the football field.

What can you do to make yourself better in your sport?
To make myself better in football I should be in the weight room a lot more and take everything my coaches say to the heart because they are here to help me. Also, be coach-able, watch a TON of film to correct my mistakes in practice, and go to off season workouts because that is where the work is put in.

How do you make your team better?
I make my team better by pushing others in practice, teaching younger JV players what I know, and asking questions if I am confused. Also, being a team player, try to be selfish, and trust my teammates around me.

What advice can you give other student-athletes?
Make the most out of high school sports because it goes by fast. Take whatever your coaches say seriously because they want to see you succeed. After the season go to the off season workouts because it really pays off when the season starts.

Send a shout out to SoSportz:
Thanks SoSportz for this interview and opportunity. I am happy that you guys take the time out to know a student-athlete. Not a lot of sites are doing what you guys are doing. That's what makes you guys unique. "Success Is Contagious"

No comments:

Join SoSportz at www.sosportz.com to be a part of the ultimate free sports social networking website.